Strength is the ability to quickly exert force, ie the ability to overcome external resistance, which you need to possess when eg doing a quick start, stopping, speeding up again, jumping. Force and strength exertion depend on the the cross sectional area of the muscle which you can increase through exercise. There are many forms of strength training. The combination of endurance and strength is muscular endurance (abs). The combination of strength and speed is the explosive strength (jumping, throwing) or speed strength (a series of sudden, quick moves: sprint, consecutive jumps).
The benefits of strength training:
- faster metabolism,
- muscle toning,
- greater bone density,
- rise in energy levels,
- improved health, reducing the risk factors of high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
The high end equipment you can use in our studio for strength and endurance training:
- Kinesis - all-around multifunctional machine for most demanding workouts
- a wide array of dumbells, weight plates, and barbells,
- bench and an adjustable rack
- TRX suspension trainer - a workout concept where you use your own body weight as resistance; this concept was developed by professional soldiers who needed to work out every day but outside gyms and studios - pull up and dips equipment,
- fitness bag
- medicine ball
- Theraband bands
- tuber equipment
If you don’t do regular physical exercise, you need to consult your doctor before the workout.